Using the LogMeIn Hamachi application on a Mac to access a Microsoft Windows shared folder requires a few steps.
1. Install the Hamachi application on your computer (we will provide you with a custom link if you are a Hamachi subscriber).
2. Once Hamachi is installed, and your computer is joined to the proper Hamachi network, you will need to make sure that the Hamachi application is "powered on" - this is the button in the upper left of the Hamachi window that looks like a power button. Your computer must show an IP address (usually in the form of 5.x.x.x) just above the name of your computer. If you do not see this, then it means your computer is not connected to the Hamachi network. Please power it on and if you continue to have problems, please contact us for support.
3. With Hamachi powered on, please look at the Hamachi window and the list of computers in your network and identify the IP address for the computer you wish to connect to. It should be an IP address that follows the same 5.x.x.x format as your Hamachi network IP address mentioned above.
4. You will now need to "Connect to server" on you Mac by following the directions available in the Apple Support article below. This article will step you through connecting to a remote Windows computer or server. In the article, you will see a reference to "smb://IPaddress/sharename" - this is the server or computer connection string that you will type into the "Connect to" box on your Mac. The "IPaddress" in the connection string will be the Hamachi IP address of the remote computer or server that you wish to connect to.
*** The article suggests that you specify a folder or share name in the connection string, but you do not have to do this if you do not know the shared folder name on the remote computer or if you just wish to browse all shares on the remote computer. You can instead use a connection string like "smb://IPaddress
5. Once you follow the steps in the Apple Support article, you will see a new mounted drive on your Mac and can browse for files normally.